You’re welcome to walk our 20 acres of kettles and moraines crested with towering oaks and lush with an abundance of native prairie plants and wildlife. Or just sit…choose a porch or a parlor where our collection of period publications might catch your eye.
“Old World Wisconsin”, a unique outdoor museum of living history, is one-half mile from our door. About three miles west, you’ll find the headquarters of the Kettle Moraine State Forest, Southern Unit . Lapham Peak, part of the Kettle Moraine is a 20 minute drive. Both Old World Wisconsin and the Kettle Moraine State Forest offer miles of hiking and cross country ski trails. Downhill skiing, sledding, biking, shopping, antique hunting, golfing, lakes for fishing, boating and swimming, plus several riding stables are all nearby. If you would like assistance in planning your stay, just ask. We would be pleased to assist.
- Nearby Attractions
- Old World Wisconsin: An outdoor museum of immigrant farm and village life with museum store and restaurant. 262-594-6300 firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on joining the Friends of Old World WI and Friends events, visit www.friendsoww.org.
- For information on the FRIENDS of the Wisconsin Historical Society and April 24, 2010 Benefit Auction, visit www.friendswisconsinhistory.org
- Eagle Historical society: Historic building with artifacts and records related to Eagle. Open Wed. evening & Sat. morning or by appointment. 262-594-2676
- Ten Chimney’s Historic Site, home of Alfred Lunt & Lynn Fontaine, Genesee Depot. Tour reservation line: (262) 968-4110. www.tenchimneys.org
- Kettle Moraine State Forest: 20,000 acre forest. Pick up trail maps and other information at the nearby visitor’s center. 262-594-6200
- The Union House, a restaurant, and a step beyond fine dining. Genesee Depot. (262)968-4281. www.theunionhouse.com.
- Winterhorse Park Icelandic Horse Farm, Eagle. Featuring Icelandic horses, symposiums & more. (262) 594-5152 www.winterhorse.com.
- Kettle Moraine Ranch & petting “zoo”. Eagle. (262)594-2122. www.kettlemoraineranch.com
- East Troy Railroad Museum – The East Troy Electric Railroad runs from Mukwonago to East Troy. Built in 1907 by the Milwaukee Electric Railway & Light Company, it continues as both a living shortline as well as a museum. About 15 minutes away. 262-548-3837 May – October.
- Ice Age Park & Trail – the Ice Age Trail comes within miles of our door.
- LaGrange General Store, Cafe & Deli. Open daily. Bike & Ski Rental, Sales & Repair. 262-495-8600 – backyardbikes.com
- Enjoy a fine dining experience at Heaven City Restaurant, Mukwonago, (262) 363-5191, www.heavencity.com
Multi-era music is featured in the historic Arts and Crafts building, a former gangster hangout!
- Great SHOPPING in nearby Delafield & Lake Geneva. Also Johnson Creek & Kenosha Outlet Malls.
View Larger Map
Please note that Google has trouble with our address. If you need assistance, please call.
The marker on the above map points to the beginning of our driveway.
"We very much enjoyed meeting both of you and everything about our visit at Eagle Center House! We had a wonderful time at Old World Wisconsin (who should put you on the payroll, with your historical continuity). Eagle Center House was almost like staying at an OWW inn (except for the AC and indoor plumbing, thanks!)."
-Bill & Mary Ellen Schmelzer